Monday, February 5, 2007

Super Bowl Eclipses Countdown to World War III

First off, I got the super bowl prediction right! Amazing, huh? Not really, I just visited a few sports betting sites, most of them had the spread as Colts by two touchdowns so I made a guess. Yea me! But my point was not to be right, it was to show how easy it is to make educated guesses and call them predictions. Of course, I got the rioting part wrong but I blame that on the freaking weather! Oh well.
Now, onto my prediction for the day, I am predicting a greater than a magnitude 5 quake in Pacific Northwest in the next month. The USGS has issued a warning of a possible quake along the Vancouver fault. So, I took this info, combined it with some weather patterns change, and made a guess. I give myself a one in three chance of making an accurate prediction.
My other prediction is an abrupt down turn in the worsening relations with Iran. I have been scanning some of the non-American news websites gathering data and most of the world is expecting us to invade regardless of what CNN, Fox, and MSNBC are reporting. Several Middle East analysts have warned of a destabilization of the region if the US invades and they are probably right---we’ll see soon enough.
I actually support war with Iran and opposed (and still oppose) war with Iraq. Sounds contradictory but is not when you look at from this angle. Iran is the lone Middle East heavy, Saddam knew it, the Saudis knew it, and the US damn well should have known it. Of course, it is really too late to make this move but Bush is a linear thinker, his mind is made up, the war is ago and the man would ignore Jesus if he floated out of the sky and told him ‘NO’!
So, how can the layperson, the lay psychic if you will, tell that war is eminent? Watch CNN and Fox. When an invasion or US military action is eminent, CNN muzzles its reporters while Fox acts as a mouthpiece, a mammoth propaganda machine. Think I am crazy? Go back and review the weeks leading to the recent Israeli conflict. The BBC, Al Jeezera, and Reuters reported a brewing conflict between Israel and Lebanon but CNN and Fox were strangely mute on the subject. Then when war broke out CNN and Fox acted surprised as if no one saw it coming. Oh horseshit!
Therefore, for this week I ask you to keep an eye on NY Times, the BBC, and Global Security.org and see what you garner from their reporting then come back and tell me what you think.

No comments: