Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Snickers To Become Official Snack Food Of Gay Pride Week!


My prediction for today! *Drumroll* Snickers will be come the official sponsor of every Gay Pride Parade in the nation! Alright! Now, I am going to piss in some peoples Post Toasties so brace yourselves. First off, if you read my blog below you know how bad it pisses me off that more coverage is being given to a stupid commercial than heinous crimes committed against children. So, don’t get me ranting on that shit!
You know, I have had gay friends, when I was a bouncer I had several gay friends, nice guys, I partied with them from time to time and it never threatened my masculinity. But, this is not about homophobia, however that is what certain fringe elements of the gay community would have you believe! I can hear the cry from the parapets of the Castle Gayskull, “snickers the official food of neo-Nazi white supremacists everywhere!”
Oh Christ people lighten up! It was a joke! A tad crude yes---but so are 90% of the jokes on ‘Will and Grace’, but you don’t see me boycotting NBC because Jack and Will made some smarmy joke about ‘hetero-breeders’. If gay people do not want to be the blunt of discrimination then you need to learn to pick your freaking battles and quit getting yourselves in a tizzy every time someone makes an off color comment about your lifestyle.
And by the way, it is not a lifestyle, you are either born gay or you are not. Two gay men can raise a hetero child if the child is inclined to be heterosexual. So, do us all a favor---take a break and eat a Snickers!

3 comments:

Brunhilda said...

Oh, you are so right about the media focusing on trivial matters. I FOR ONE WILL NEVER EAT A SNICKERS AGAIN!!! Kidding. Their time would be better spent focusing on other more important issues, but perhaps the ratings would suffer. We must go with what is most sensational or doomsdaylike, you know.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!