Sunday, February 18, 2007

Oscar Prediction!


The Oscars are somewhat overrated. Moreover, they are used as a political platform for high ended, pie in the sky speeches about all sorts of current events and most of the time I could care less. However, this year I am rooting for one category and one actor in particular.
This year I predict, Forest Whitaker will win for best actor! Why? Because he is an underrated and unappreciated perform. This is predominately because he is not the traditional ‘hunky’ leading man. I have liked Mr. Whitaker since ‘Fast Times At Ridgemount High’. I also like him because he is a fellow Clydesdale runner as is often featured in his films (ie Blown Away).
I have seen his performance in the ‘Last King of Scotland’ and to be frank it is one of the best I have ever seen. He is compelling, convincing, and leaves you feeling slightly empathetic for the brutal dictator Idi Amin.
This is my one and only Oscar prediction unless I decide to spoof DeCaprio, who is the single most overrated actor in the history of film. I hope Mr. Whitaker wins, good luck, Forest!

No comments: